Friday, September 20, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Water Marble

Pin It


So happy! My very first successful water marble. Every other time I tried, the polish wouldn't spread for the bullseye. I have no idea why it worked this time; I'm just glad it did.


These are not perfect nails, I know, but it is the first time that my water marble is even wearable. I started with one coat of Cult Nails Faded. I then marbled to the beet of my ability with Cult Nails Party Time and Nakizzle's Shizzle and Color Club Over the Moon.


You can't see Faded at all peaking through, which is part of what makes me feel like this is a success. My husband said it looked like water or ice, so it is perfect considering I'm running in the Mighty Niagara half marathon tomorrow.

Successful water marbling can't just stay on my nails for one day, so I'll modify this to further accentuate the blue for tomorrow's "inspired by a color" manicure.


Check out the other marbles.
~Alexis